MOBARN offers an end-to-end service, including inspection, project management and field operations to governments, institutions and contractors. Over the years the MOBARN group has developed an important expertise in the area of effluents, shallow canals, marshland and delta’s. For this same reason, most the equipment is being designed with the purpose to operate efficiently in these environments.
When maintaining waterways and marshland, mobility and versatile tools are required. MOBARN’s material offers outstanding solutions for accurate dredging. Our machines can remove an exact layer of silt and sediment. In addition, the machines are easy to maneuver which allows operators to work in shallow water areas, where more traditional dredgers or excavators cannot carry out the work. All our vessels are road transportable, and do not require crane assistance for unloading into waterway or loading onto a truck. The machines are light weight causing very little damage to the environment, therefore ideal for conservation, restoration and maintenance of protected areas.
- Suction dredging
- Backhoe dredging
- Natural parks: removing sediments to improve the quality of water and restore environmental balance.
- Waterways creating or restoring passages by removing sediments, rocks and or vegetation
- Industrial pools: removing silt and pumping mass into barges or depuration bags
MOWING and HARVESTING
Floating and rooted vegetation can be effectively removed and harvested with our versatile machinery. A cutter or rake is easily attached to the machine and its hydraulics. The vegetation and waste is loaded on floating pontoons, barges or directly on to the shore.
- Cutters attached to amphibious vessels or mowing boats
- Rakes for both removing and harvesting
- Eventually excavators with a root-bucket or clamp shell buckets for trees with significant roots
Waterways and marshland sites do not always get the attention they deserve. In some cases resulting in an outbreak of noxious weeds, reeds and water plants which also alters the natural streaming. In addition this can eventually cause environmental inconveniences: swamp-formation, plagues, decomposition, drainage problems, stinking water sources etc. A periodic maintenance for mowing and harvesting is compulsory. Typical sites for efficient appliances:
- Natural parks and reservoirs:
- Private and public ponds:
- Marshland and river effluents:
Creating waterways, removing rocks and rooted vegetation can be easily carried out by mounting an excavator-arm with bucket to MOBARN’s amphibious vessels. Bundling these tools to the base power-pack creates a floating excavator with vast possibilities. In addition, the machines are easy to maneuver, which allows the operators to work in shallow areas where more traditional excavators cannot carry out the work.
The vessels are road transportable, and do not require crane assistance for unloading into waterway or loading onto a truck. The machines are light in weight, causing little damage to the environment. As a result, the vessels are ideal for the conservation, restoration and maintenance of protected areas and natural reserves.
- Excavation with bucket (backhoe)
- Excavation with clamp shell bucket
The excavating functionalities are well suited for reconstruction of shorelines, creating and restoring waterways, excavation around channels, digging drainage conduits, excavation for cabling etc.
- Waterways: creating and restoring passages
- Channels and Rivers: restoring riverbeds
- Civil engineering: digging for cabling
- Shoreline: building quay
- River flood: creating or restoration of dams
Also with regard to the decontamination of waterways and beaches from oil and other hydrocarbon spills, MOBARN can offer effective solutions with custom-built machines. Cleaning up beaches and marshland manually or with the help of rakes and shovels is an impossible job. This also has become obvious after observing the organized actions during large oil disasters. MOBARN has developed beach cleaners that have been used for the last 20 years for these specific tasks, like for example during the Prestige disaster in Spain and Portugal in 2002. For water areas special tools are mounted on top of the amphibious vessels. The machines are easy to maneuver which allows operators to work in shallow contaminated areas with difficult access such as effluents and smaller canals.
- Beach cleaner with trash conveyor
- Tank and dredge pump mounted on amphibious vessel for collecting oil waste
- Waste skimmer mounted on amphibious vessel
- Floating booms in combination with biodegradable clot chemicals
- Beach cleaning, oil waste
- Marshland and waterways
- Beach Cleaning
- Stone Picking